Sibelco Australia and North Stradbroke Island
Sibelco Australia has a special relationship with and responsibility to NSI. We care for our employees, the Island community and its environment.
We employ more than 270 staff, at least 50 per cent of whom are Island residents.
The company has worked alongside government to deliver extensive physical and social infrastructure and education services on the Island including:
- Medical services
- Water supplies
- Communication links
- Recreation amenities
- Educational tourist attractions.
A 2010 report prepared by Synergies Economic Consulting showed Sibelco Australia contributes $130 million into the Queensland economy each year.
We are an active part of the NSI community and are linked to a range of community groups and research programs including:
- Dunwich Progress Association
- Dunwich Community Projects Association Inc.
- Glossy Black Cockatoo Research
- Koala Research with The University of Queensland
- NSI Pest Animal Control Committee
- Dugong Research with The University of Queensland
- Sustainable Tourism Committee
- NSI Queensland Fire Service.